Captivating sound and light promenade
Captivating sound and light promenade
Relive the rich history of the Grand Commandery Alden Biesen during a night-time multimedia walk packed with surprises. A feast for the senses, unique in Europe!
Bilzen Mysteries is a real attraction as evidenced by the very enthusiastic responses we get from all the families that have experienced the Bilzen Mysteries. Especially for families, Bilzen Mysteries is open 7 days a week during the Belgian school holidays.
During (Belgian) holiday periods:
Outside (Belgian) holiday periods:
Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday
By reservation only:
Wednesday and Thursday (for B2B).
- Sunday 24 December
- Monday 25 December
- Sunday 31 December
8 January – 8 February 2018:
Annual winter break.
Would you like to combine an event or activity at our conference centre with a group visit to Bilzen Mysteries? No problem. We would be delighted to offer you an attractive deal to suit your requirements.
For a price quote for a corporate event or group visit, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admission rates online*
Individuals – online
- *When you buy your tickets online you get a discount of €3 p.p.on the published individual rates below.
Individuals – at the gate
- Adults: € 18 p.p.*
- Free for children up to the age of 6
- Children and young people up to the age of 18: € 15 p.p.*
- Students on production of a student card: € 15 p.p.*
- Senior citizens (60 years and over): € 15*
- Disabled & accompanying carer: € 15* (on production of a “disability certificate” – one carer per person with a disability free of charge))
Groups of 20 people or more
- Adults and children after reservation: €12,50 p.p. Make your group reservation via email@example.com.
- Adults and children at the gate: €15 p.p.
* When you buy your tickets online,
you get a discount of € 3 p.p. on the entrance price
for individuals at the gate.
Parking is free, including for buses.
Diversion due to roadworks:
- From Hasselt or Liège (E313):
Follow the signs to Hoeselt, turn left at the traffic lights and then follow the signposts to Alden Biesen.
- From Munsterbilzen/Genk (N700):
Follow the road until the second set of traffic lights; here, turn right in the direction of Bilzen. Follow the signs to Hoeselt, and from there follow the signposts to Alden Biesen.
- From Lanaken/Maastricht (N2):
At the traffic lights in Mopertingen, turn left onto the N758 in the direction of Spouwen/Tongeren. At the roundabout, take the second exit to stay on the N758 in the direction of Tongeren. After approximately 3 km, turn right onto Bammestraat direction Rijkhoven. From here, simply follow the main road until ‘Alden Biesen’.
From sunset to midnight (last admission at 11 pm), during the summer months until 1 am (last admission at midnight).
The detailed timetable will be available from 15 August 2016.
Duration of Bilzen Mysteries
A visit to our attraction takes approximately 1 hour 20 minutes.
During the summer months the last visit starts at midnight and during the other months of the year, at 11 pm.
How to prepare for your visit to the Bilzen Mysteries
- Check again on our website www.bilzenmysteries.be before you leave for the latest updates.
- Whatever the weather, the attraction is open. Make sure you wear suitable clothing and closed (walking) shoes.
- Bring your ID along with you as a deposit for the use of a tablet with earphones.
- Entry to the attraction is granted according to the start time stated on your ticket. Please adhere strictly to this start time.
- The price category of your ticket will be checked at the ticket office.
- Tickets will not be refunded, nor rebooked to a different date.
3740 Bilzen, Belgium
Tripadvisor review score: 4,5/5 !
When the night falls you can discover the mysterie of the Medieval Alden Biesen a castle surrounded by water and a beautiful French garden and English parc. Jan Decleir our best Belgian actor is sublime. Discover and enjoy this unique mysterie. A must-see attraction.
A very interesting tour around and about the castle and its history with knights. Interesting information with colorful laser experience.
A great evening walk around the castle of Alden Biesen, led by the Belgian actor Jan Decleir as the last habitant of the castle. He explains the history of the castle. Very nice story with cool light and sound effects in and around the castle....More