Practical info The Story
Practical info The Story
Opening times are always from sunset.
Open on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
Opening times during holiday periods:
Open daily from sunset until midnight.
By reservation (B2B):
Possible on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Monday 8 October
Saturday 10 November
Saturday 17 November
Saturday 24 November
Saturday 1 December
Saturday 15 December
Tuesday 25 December
Monday 31 December
Annual summer closing:
3 September – 4 October 2018
Prepare your visit:
- Check our website for the latest updates before you leave.
- Wear appropriate clothing and (closed) walking shoes. The attraction continues in all weather conditions.
- Bring your ID card with you as a guarantee for tablets and headphones.
- Entry to the attraction is granted according to the starting time indicated on your ticket. Thank you for strictly respecting this starting time.
- Tickets cannot be refunded or rebooked for another date.
Have a discount code? Click here!
Individual visit – online rate
If you buy tickets online, you receive a discount of €3 p.p. on the individual ticket rates published below.
Individuals – ticket office rate
Adults: €18 p.p.*
Free for children up to the age of 6
Children and young people up to the age of 18: €15 p.p.*
Students (on presentation of a student card): €15 p.p.*
Senior citizens (60 years and over): €15 p.p.*
Disabled people and their companions: € 15* (on presentation of a “certificate of invalidity”- one companion per disabled person free of charge)
Groups of 20 people or more
Adults and children on reservation: €12,50 p.p.
Reserve your group visit via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adults and children at the ticket office: €15 p.p.
Rate includes rental of tablet and headphones except for children under the age of 6.
* If you buy your tickets online, you receive a discount of €3 p.p. on the individual ticket rates.
3740 Bilzen, Belgium
Diversions due to roadworks:
- From Hasselt or Liège (E313):
Follow the signs to Hoeselt, turn left at the traffic lights and then follow the signposts to Alden Biesen.
- From Lanaken/Maastricht (N2):
Turn left at the traffic lights in Mopertingen on to the N758 direction Spouwen/Tongeren. At the roundabout, take the second exit to stay on the N758 direction Tongeren. After approximately 3km, turn right on to the Bammestraat direction Rijkhoven. From here, simply follow the main road until you reach Alden Biesen.
- From Munsterbilzen/Genk (N700):
Follow the road until the second set of traffic lights. Here, turn right in the direction of Bilzen, then follow the signs to Hoeselt. From there, follow the signposts to Alden Biesen.
Large car park
Parking is free, also for coaches
Tripadvisor review score: 4,5/5 !
A great evening walk around the castle of Alden Biesen, led by the Belgian actor Jan Decleir as the last habitant of the castle. He explains the history of the... read more
When the night falls you can discover the mysterie of the Medieval Alden Biesen a castle surrounded by water and a beautiful French garden and English parc. Jan Decleir our... read more